Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Double Listing In Apple Menu -- STRANGE!

Double Listing In Apple Menu -- STRANGE!
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2000, 11:16 PM

Here's a strange problem -- the top-most item in the Apple Menu (for me it's the Apple DVD Player) is duplicated. It's some sort of strange extension conflict, but I've not been able to narrow down to which bugger is causing this VERY annoying problem.

Yes, I've downloaded the latest Audio Update 1.2 -- Apple Audio Extension 1.0.1 -- with the old Apple Audio Extension disabled, QT 4.1, and the Input Sprockets.

Has anyone else been affected by this?

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2000, 01:19 AM

You haven't tried throwing away Apple Menu Options preferences, have you?

Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2000, 01:26 AM

It would help if you gave a bit more info,
how do you it's an extension conflict? what have you narrowed it down to? experience any error messages (what did they say) any crashes? etc. also are there duplicate items in your apple menu items folder?
I've seen some strange things happen with my apple menu (very strange) in the past but most of them were do to me messing around with the kaleidoscope scheme utility to often.

[This message has been edited by disectamac (edited 01-28-2000).]

Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2000, 08:36 AM

;-)

Actually, I'm a rather straight and narrow user and don't use Kaleidoscope. I've tried trashing every prefs file I could think of. No, there are not multiple items in my Apple Menu Items Folder. I know its some sort of extension conflict since the problem goes away after I restart with the Base OS9 set. There are no crashes or otherwise nasty behaviour -- just a slightly smaller and indented AppleDVD Player listing in my Apple Menu. And, no, I'm being lazy by not turning off extensions and restarting one by one. I was hoping to hear of someone else who had the exact same problem and caught it before I did :-(

Many thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules