Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sherlock error type 2

Sherlock error type 2
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2001, 05:17 PM

I have a problem with sherlock which will no longer open. Each time I try there is the same message saying it has a type 2 error and that I must restart the machine to resolve the problem, unfortunately this does not help. Th problem occured after my iMac blocked completely while in sherlock a few days ago and I had to restart it using the small button on the side as I could not free it using the usual keyboard combinations. Any one any ideas other than reinstalling the OS. I have an iMac 400DVSE and OS 9.0.4.

Thanks
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2001, 10:17 PM

You could try increasing the RAM allocation to Sherlock, and trashing its preference file.

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2001, 07:10 AM

Perhaps I can help here. I had the same problem a few days ago after a crash with Sherlocks, tried everthing, extensions off, even the orginal Sherlock from my OS9 CD refused to start.
I trashed the Sherlock Preferences in the System>Preferences Folder, and everything was normal again. Seems that the Prefs file can get corrupted during a crash with Sherlock. Hope that helps you. Don't forget to set your Sherlock Prefs again afterwards.

Mosi

Mac Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2001, 04:34 PM

Yep you are correct, I trashed my preference file and it's working fine again. Thanks
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules