Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes 1.1/QueFire CDRW=Not

iTunes 1.1/QueFire CDRW=Not
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2001, 01:38 AM

Well, I just downloaded and installed iTunes 1.1 to burn an audio CD with my Apple approved and tested QPS QueFire Firewire CDRW (Plextor Model: PX-W1210A), and it work recognize the burner. I have also tried a MacOS 9.1 base extension set with iTunes extensions turned on and it still does not work.

Any advice?

Thanks

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2001, 02:10 AM

I have the same problem, except that I have a supported Que USB drive with one of the Mitsumi drive mechanisms. I tried everything I could think of. Maybe you'll have some luck with what I've tried. I installed Mac OS 9.1, it says it's required for burning with 3rd party. Turned off my other CD burning software extentions, in case of a conflict. Made sure I installed the USB authoring extension. But, it still doesn't work.

Anyone out there know how to fix this problem?

Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2001, 02:18 AM

I have a QPS QueFire 8x4x32x CDRW. How do you know what the drive mechanism is?

At anyrate, mine doesn't work either. I'm running OS9 though as I haven't been able to install 9.1 for some very bizarre reason.

kman

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2001, 03:28 AM

I must be lucky. My Que! Fire 8x4x32 works great with iTunes. I think I have a Plextor drive but am not sure. I have over 1400 Mp3's so far stored with iTunes and now it will be easy to make Cd's for my car.

One drawback is that Toast wont work now but I assume a fix will be out soon. I can always use Conflict Catcher to boot with the extensions off for iTunes and it should work. I am very pleased with it. Not the greatest but it is totally free. All in all I think Apple is gonna finally kick some PC butt

Forum Links
Forum Rules