Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTools "Updated" to 1.0.7?

iTools "Updated" to 1.0.7?
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2001, 08:59 PM

Well, here's to another undocumented update. I have no idea what was added. . .but it still works fine, which is good.

Has anyone else noticed:

1) The _installer_ is version 1.0.7, but the installed plug-in is still version 1.0.2. Does that mean that there was really no change?

2) The installer now creates a "plugins" folder in the internet folder. You may have to help your browser find it. IE didn't find the plug-in and treated it as if I hadn't installed it.

Note: There are now two internet plug-ins folders installed under 9.0! One called "Internet Plug-ins" in the system folder, where Quicktime stuff is installed by the Quicktime installer, and one called "plugins" in the Internet folder, where the iTools plug-in is installed by the iTools installer.

This is bound to create confusion between programs (and users, I suppose). I had to help IE find everything in both folders. . . .

Senior User
Feb 23, 2001, 02:52 AM

I don't know about iTools... I get the same version (1.0.2)... The Installer has the new iTools Icon, so I guess it's new

Forum Links
Forum Rules