Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Any way to get Dreamweaver to post to iDisk?

Any way to get Dreamweaver to post to iDisk?
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2001, 06:45 PM

Hi there,

I just bought Dreamweaver for a cheap price on eBay and have been using the demo..and was wondering if there is a way to post my site to my iDisk space?

Thanks in advance!

Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2001, 07:29 PM

Sure, just drag your HTML files and pictures into your "Sites" folder in your iDisk. That's where the "Home Page" files are stored after you create them, but you can just put your own files in there directly.

-Doug

Elvin  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2001, 12:43 AM

Oops, I wasn't as clear as I planned to be.
What I ment to ask is that Dreamweaver has an auto-update feature so that it logs into your site to check that all files that you have on your hard-drive are uploaded to your site. The thing is....iDisk, isn't exactly an FTP server. So is there a workaround besides doing it manually or has this been fixed in Dreamweaver 4...or am I just dreaming of things to come ;-)

Thanks again in advance.

Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2001, 05:44 AM

I cant remember whether it's Dreamweaver or Freeway,(I'm pretty sure it's Dreamweaver, maybe both)but one has the option to upload your site to a local drive. Just select the local drive as the path to the Sites folder on your iDisk.Dont see why that wont work as it allows you to upload your site to the iDisk like this, I'm sure the auto-update thing would work also.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules