Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > control strip not appearing on startup

control strip not appearing on startup
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2000, 12:18 PM

i use multiple users at home on our imac, but everytime i startup, i have to manually open the control strip. i find this VERY annoying, and i'm hoping i'm just overlooking the obvious on how to fix this....

Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2000, 04:17 PM

You should have a Control Panel for it, where you can check it to be on or off, and set a hot key to show it or not show it. (If I was on my Mac, I'd find it and give you the exact name.) You can also clean up your desktop (from your menu) and see if it is just hiding on you.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2000, 05:48 PM

You can probably make an alias of the Control Strip extension and put it in the System Folder/Startup Items folder and have what you want.

Matt

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 2, 2000, 01:32 AM

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the disappearing Control Strip seems to be a known issue with Multiple Users (at least, for some versons and configurations). For details, see the earlier related threads over in the MacFixIt Forums -- e.g., my "problems summary" post of '11-15-2000 07:22 AM' at the end of the USB Card = Login Delay thread. There, I'd listed links to some other threads about this "shy" Control Strip problem, a few of which contain suggested workarounds (including the use of a hot-key, as mentioned by Gregg above).

Regards,

--Paul

Forum Links
Forum Rules