Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Saving Sherlock Info from search??

Saving Sherlock Info from search??
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
Dec 9, 2000, 04:50 PM

At my place of work my boss requires a "file count" on occasion. We do these on a monthly basis, using Sherlock 2's find by content. These are done on files on our fileserver, usually from a networked workstation.

In the past we've just taken screen shots of the found items and printed them out for her (my boss). I notice that I can do a select all on the filenames and copy and paste into a text file format. This is pretty cool, however, we also need the date created/modified for each of the corresponding files.

It seems that there is no way of selecting both fields (Name and Date) and copying and pasting these as well.

While the screen shot method works okay for us, I'd love to be capable of providing a text file (say tab separated or Tab delimited) which would place a tab between the Name and date field, and a return at the end of each record--(name->date | return).

She could then save an actual Excell database for all this information if she chose to do-so, by importing the text into an Excell file if necessary.

Anyone know of a plug-in that makes sherlock 2's found file information exportable like this? If not is there some other search method or software that can do this?

Again it's no big deal, but the capability would be nice to have.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules