Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Wacko OS9 Fonts

Wacko OS9 Fonts
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2000, 02:52 AM

I'm not sure what triggers this, but sometimes all of the type in my menubar and window widgets becomes BOLD. The menu items usually stay non-bold, but it is so annoying when my menubar is bold, in all of my programs. I half-ascociate this with running AIM, but I'm not sure what causes it. The only solution is to reset my mac, then it goes back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm running 9.0.4 by the way

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2000, 02:33 PM

I had what sounds like the same problem a while ago, when I was running OS 9.0; I think it was a tech at Apple who had me reinstall system software.

I was told there was nothing that could change that system font, though I have been told these things before. If you're still under warranty, and your 90 days of free support hasn't expired you might try calling Apple.

I still don't know what happened, but it hasn't ever happened again. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

------------------
---
iMac DVSE 400mhz/128M
OS 9.0.4
Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.

iMac Core2Duo 2.16GHz/3G RAM/250G HD OSX 10.6.6
Various Peripherals

Forum Links
Forum Rules