Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > no multitasking at all!!! is this normal?

no multitasking at all!!! is this normal?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2001, 06:17 PM

I have OS 9.1 and i try to take care of my extensions.They problem I have its on a TiBook 400, 256Mb with Virtual Memory Disabled.

Imagine this situation, I have the web browser open (Explorer 5), sending some long email on the background (Entourage)and a small clock on the desktop , (aClock ) , so, if im loading a web page up the clock freezes, the email does the same (or very slow),same happens if i just click on the finder, but on top the explorer gets really slow, i really hate it, when i click on the clock again , i see the new time, same happened with Audion the other day, it wouldnt play playlists, when a song finished I had to click on Audion and then he would continue playing the next song on the playlist. sometimes the sound would jitter if I clicked on the finder.

It simply seems that it cant do everything at the same time, if i load 2 webpages i have to click on each window sometimes just to finish the retrieval of the sites.

Has someone experienced this unaceptable performance?

As I mentioned i try to keep as clean as posible the extensions.

Not to shure about all the microsoft ones

Any ideas?

Thx

Dan "Sinus 2002"
free your mind and your ass will follow...

Forum Links
Forum Rules