Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Applescript & Remote Access problems

Applescript & Remote Access problems
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Nov 27, 2001, 05:28 PM

I have a small, but annoying problem. Due to a recent move to the countryside, I've had to give up my beloved cable modem, and am now stuck back on dial-up internet. Okay, so I'm making the adjustment. The problem is this, I used to have an applescript for disconnecting from the internet that I just placed on my desktop. Well, I found that script in the Applescript folder (it's called Remote Access Disconnect Script), but it now longer works. It gives me this error message:

"The Apple Shared Library Manager could not be opened. Make sure it is installed and try again."

Now, this script always worked perfectly for me. I'm running OS 9.2.1. I've checked in the Extensions Manager and found the Shared Library Manager extensions, and they're active. I've tried opening the script and editing it to see if my meager scripting skills could make it work, but no luck there.

Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Forum Links
Forum Rules