Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Apple file Security

Apple file Security
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 8, 2000, 09:43 AM

Guys I have a question about Apple file Security under 9.0.4.

I want to encyrpt some .TIFF image files on my HD, then burn them to a CD. If I want to access these files on another Mac running OS 9, do I only need the files, or do I need to copy some Preferences from the system folder as well? I reckon I don't. I only want to protect the files from prying eyes.

Just as a quick question - I've heard a lot about how insecure Apple encyrption under OS 9 is....how easy is it to crack?

Cheers

penfold
--------------------------------
You're crazy - you think you're going to change this silly little world... better see yourself a shrink
----------------------------------------------------------------

Clinically Insane
Jun 9, 2000, 09:09 PM

I'd say its pretty damn good - though personally I don't trust it. I'm looking for an encryption prog that will encrypt the file as something like a SEA file so I don't need the encryption app locally to decrypt it - anyone know of anything like this?
At the moment I am still using Mac Blowfish.

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules