Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Audio cds wont play

Audio cds wont play
exa
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2000, 05:29 PM

None of my audio cds are playign in either of my two cd drives. Well, in fact, I put an audio cd in and it asks me if I want to initialize the cd. The audio cds work fine in regular cd players, I think its an extension problem. I have a Beige g3 and have the apple cd/dvd driver 1.3.5, I think thats the latest. Anything else I'd need?

Administrator
Jun 13, 2000, 06:17 PM

Control panels -> Quicktime Settings -> Autoplay Tab -> Enable Audio CD Autoplay

Check box.

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2000, 06:39 PM

It still does not work. I still get the "disk unreadable by this macintosh", etc.

Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2000, 06:48 PM

Make sure you have the Foreign File Access extension active... you need it to play audio CD's.

Cheers!
Chris

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2000, 07:50 PM

Yeah, I have High Sierra file access and Foreign File access all enabled... still can't use audio cds...

Forum Regular
Jun 13, 2000, 07:58 PM

My friend's Rev. B iMac yesterday started displaying the same problem. Wanting to initalize Audio CD's on insertion.

It looks like all the drivers are there. Have you tried playing CD-ROMs? If they won't mount either, most definitely you have a busted CD-drive (or a dirty lens, check that too - although I ran a cleaner CD through my friend's drive too no avail).

Let us know how it goes
http://www.monospace.com/
You are visitor number one.

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2000, 12:01 AM

I have it fixed, I simply needed the "Audio CD Access" extension, heh... how stupid of me...

Forum Links
Forum Rules