Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Itunes problem

Itunes problem
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2001, 09:14 AM

How do I get all the songs i have in the Itunes library on 9.2 in the library of the osx. Burn a cd and take import them after restarting on osx? If so how do i burn the songs as mp3 on the cd? it only seems to be giving me the option to import about 2o songs each time, how do I tell it to burn them compressed? thanks for your time everybody!

jtc
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2001, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by reegas:
<STRONG>How do I get all the songs i have in the Itunes library on 9.2 in the library of the osx. Burn a cd and take import them after restarting on osx? If so how do i burn the songs as mp3 on the cd? it only seems to be giving me the option to import about 2o songs each time, how do I tell it to burn them compressed? thanks for your time everybody!</STRONG>
There's a file in your home/documents/itunes folder called itunes library.

You can either copy your itunes library from 9 (in os 9's documents/itunes folder), or make one of them a shortcut to the other, then any changes you make while 9 or X will change the same file so you don't have to keep updating the library.

reegas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2001, 01:48 PM

thanks but how do I do this? How do I make one a shortcut to the other?

jtc
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2001, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by reegas:
<STRONG>thanks but how do I do this? How do I make one a shortcut to the other?</STRONG>
In 9, use command-M to make a shortcut, then drag it to the ~/documents/itunes/ folder in X (make sure the shortcut has the exact name as the file it's replacing - you'll have to rename it to get rid of "alias"). In X you can do the same, but I think the keyboard shortcut changed (I'm not at my mac so I can't tell you what it is), but you can hold down the option and command keys as you drag the file from the old location to the new one, and it will make a shortcut rather than copying it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules