Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.2.2 works great - at 640 X 480 only!

9.2.2 works great - at 640 X 480 only!
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2001, 01:22 PM

Just updated to 9.2.2. Now I have only one monitor resolution available in the control panel - 640 X 480. This doesn't affect Classic (fortunately) but a 19" Sony G400 should do better than 640 X 480 when booting OS 9. System is dual 800 with GeForce3 Any ideas?
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.

Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2001, 01:26 PM

Oops! That was a quick one. Just zapped my pram and was good to go. Whew!

Not so fast there, young fella! It only worked until I restarted again. The other people reporting this problem on MacInTouch all seem to have the same monitor - Sony G400. Can't seem to get a RAM disk to appear either. Haven't these software updates been fun lately?

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: The Ancient One ]
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.

Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2001, 01:44 PM

Holding the rest button for 30 secs did it for me

Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2001, 01:45 PM

err 'reset button' i ment

Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2001, 01:55 PM

Livemotion, what kind of monitor do you have? I tried it on my Sony G400 with no luck. You did mean the MONITOR reset button, Right?

Oh, well, at least the RAM disk is working again.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: The Ancient One ]

Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2001, 03:16 PM

The "fix" turns out to be replacing the new nVIDIA driver (2.4) installed with 9.2.2 with the old one (2.3) from the OS 9.2.1 disk. Think Apple will post an updated driver anytime soon? Naaaah.

<Goshdarnmad>
Dec 7, 2001, 06:31 PM

I'm a Sony 420GS owner with the same resolution problem. I think Sony is the only band of display with this problem according to posts I've read on Macfixit, etc. I replaced my drivers with ver. 2.1.1 nvidia driverss I had saved from a previuos install and everything works. I guess the result is the same with vers. 2.3 as well.
I sure hope Apple doesn't blow off us Sony owners!!!

Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2001, 04:24 AM

I had the same prob with my Sony A220 I just restarted with a Mac OS all extension set (instead of one of my custom sets) and I got all my resoloutions back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules