Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 Multiple User Observations...

OS 9 Multiple User Observations...
Oct 22, 1999, 11:38 AM

1) To rebuild my DT, I no longer had to hold down command/option during boot. I just have to press them immediatley after hitting the OK button to log in. I am not sure if this affects all user accounts or only the account you are logging into.

2)
I had an issue w/ rebuilding the DT where my DT printers came up w/ an X through them. I trashed them and went to re-create them but I was not able to. The Chooser still thought they existed on the DT. After rebuilding the DT again, trashing finder prefs, zapping PRAM and a few other tricks, it turned out that I also had to trash the Printers from the guest account I had created. Once I did that, I was able to rebuild my DT printers.

Oct 23, 1999, 08:31 AM

The Mac OS looks for command-option to be held down when opening the Finder. With OS 9, the Finder dosen't open until you log in, so you don't need to hold the keys down until then.

Also, the "Desktop" file affects the entire disk, so rebuilding it affects all users.

Forum Links
Forum Rules