Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Midiman Delta Dio 2496?

Midiman Delta Dio 2496?
exa
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2001, 07:15 PM

Can anyone comment on this sound card? I hear it runs circles around the soundblaster (but actually has mac support, whoo) though no 4.1/5.1 support... (games/dvd, bah, I have a home theater for movies and screw games, this will be part of my mad headphone rig)

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2001, 07:57 PM

Gah why do I keep on posting in the wrong forum...

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2001, 10:34 PM

I've got a Delta 44 card in my tower, and it sounds fantastic, when it works. The drivers for it are still listed as beta software, and I generally have to go to the sound control panel, and switch back and forth between built-in and the Delta 44 a few times to get it to connect properly. It gives me this distort-o sound until it gets recognized properly. Don't know where the problem lies, but it'a a pain. Although, generally, once it's up and running for the day, it stays good. and good is GOOD. It's hooked up to a set of Alesis studio monitors and the sound is really awesome.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2001, 11:18 PM

Cool, thanks for the info... also, how do these cards handle programs such as SoundJam or iTunes, I've heard many conflicts with these and third party sound cards...

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2001, 12:50 PM

I don't have sound Jam, but itunes works fine. One minor bug is that occasionally I have to re-set the volume on the master volume to get any sound-- usually only when i quit and re-start itunes. The drivers for the Delta 44 may be different than the card you're looking at, though. It's a 4 line in, 4 line out, so a simple stereo card might not have all the routing issues that mine does.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules