Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > WTF is UP with freaking MU?

WTF is UP with freaking MU?
Dec 29, 2000, 12:53 AM

OK...this is some kinda phenomenon that I've noticed with the latest everthing (software update wise), when Multiple Users is on...

If the computer is on for an extended amount of time or if the computer wakes from sleep after a little while...
THE MENU BAR is totally screwed up..as in...IT doesn't work...either it's there and you can click on it...but you can still do stuff like normal...but cant use the menu bar. OR...the more irritating...IT'S COMPLETELY GONE....as in...adios...bye freaking bye...

Every Mac I use that has OS9.0.4 and Multiple Users...they all observe this strange phenomenon..it REALLY ticks my dad off who bought the latest top of the line iMac in august (graphite with the new keyboard and mouse) after waiting for 5 years and the dang thing doesnt work right....

So I'm just curious if anyone knows of a fix or whether 9.1 will fix this or...if we are all just screwed if we use MU....

thanks in advance.

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
imacman11@bigfoot.com
------------------
www.themacgod.com

Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2000, 11:07 AM

For the record I've never experienced this problem and I've used several Macs with 9.0.4 and MU... Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2001, 12:09 AM

I once had a similar problem onder 8.x. It was a mean old extension.
Carpé Bandwidth

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2001, 06:32 AM

9.04 installs incorrect versions of the ATI drivers. Download the newest ATI installer, or wait 4 days until 9.1 is released.

------------------
-See Yea!

Forum Links
Forum Rules