Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Control strip has broken down...

Control strip has broken down...
will ed
Jul 8, 2000, 06:07 PM

It all started late one night when I tried to play on my Playstation (through built in TV card on my Performa 180, 48 megs RAM, OS 8.6) and listen to a CD at the same time. I used the sound source CSM to set sound to CD. The TV then quit, but it didn't crash the system. However, the CSM no longer worked. I thought it would be allright after a restart in the morning.

However, on restarting I was shocked to find that only the volume CSM worked properly. The rest show the pictures thy're supposed to (i.e. remote access flashes when connected) but they don't pop up. I've quit the Finder (through 'repair on Disk First Aid) and moved the CSMs out then in again, and still only the volume works properly.

Any ideas how I can get it to work again?

Thanks,

Will

Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2000, 07:19 PM

try deleting the control strip pref's file and restart and rebuild the desktop using techtool freeware available HERE

Forum Links
Forum Rules