Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > blinking script icon in Apple menu

blinking script icon in Apple menu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2000, 04:12 PM

I have a blinking apple script icon and exclimation point over my Apple menu.

Any ideas what this is?

------------------
Brian Wm. Niles
CEO, TargetX.com Incorporated
Brian Niles
----------
TiBook 550mhz, 512mb RAM, Combo Drive
iMac 400mhz, 320mb RAM, CDROM Drive

Clinically Insane
Jul 12, 2000, 01:01 AM

It means a script that was executing for some reason couldn't (got an error) I think. Or that there was a general AppleScript error - I'm not sure. Thats just off the top of my head.

Cipher13

Senior User
Jul 17, 2000, 02:21 PM

Applescript has an error executing a script. When the Finder is accessed and the script is selected the error will appear. If the error is not checked on then it will time out and show an error.

What kind of AppleScript is running on the machine? Has any changes been made to the operating system or to files/programs that would affect the script?

Try to restart the script or restart the computer to see if that solves the problem.
"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Forum Links
Forum Rules