I'm having serious trouble with cookies on my computer. It's a brand new G4 bought just weeks before macworld (yeah, I know...shut up...). I think this problem started just after I got this new machine. I also recently installed ISDN (Draytek USB in case that's relevant...) and I can't remember this problem appearing before I installed the ISDN adapter
Anyways....I can't access webmail, iTools or anything related to cookies (though it seems to have succesfully have saved the login and password for this forum). When trying to log into my web based email provided by my ISP it says that I've been inactive for 30 minutes and should relogin.
When trying yahoo-mail, I just get the same login page with no error message...
iTools reports that my computer isn't properly set up for iTools even though I just successfully installed it...
I've so far tried this:
* Deleting ALL files related to cookies. (MagicCookie etc.)
* Made 100% sure that ALL my browsers are set up to accept ALL cookies.
* Rebuilt my desktop files (threese...) with Tech Tool Pro
* Zapped my PRAM with Tech Tool Pro
* Run two complete repairs with Tech Tool Pro
* ...and one with Apple's Disk Tools
* Downloaded Internet Explorer 5 with NO luck from microsoft's website TWICE...the download won't start? wtf? Do they WANT me to use their browser or what?
* Setting my system clock a few minutes back (because some sites might think that my atom-clock-correct system time is in the future...)
Just to sum this up:
I can't use anything related to cookies in either iCab 2.0 or Netscape 4.6 which I very well could do before.
This includes webmail, iTools and other cookies requiring internet services including versiontracker and internet movie database...
It's been VERY annoying now for a while...can anybody help?
Basic system info:
Mac OS 9.0.4 Norwegian
PowerMac G4 400
Thanks in advance,
Erik K. Veland