Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTools homepage

iTools homepage
Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2000, 09:20 AM

I have tried to use iTools homepage to make a homepage. But I can just add a new one. I can not edit or delete a page??? Besides the "Add" icon is function, all the others are not function!!!
Can you use iTools to make homepage?
Kansir
Learning everyday,
Enjoy everyday.

osx
Aug 9, 2000, 10:03 PM

To delete a page, access your iDisk, in the "Sites" folder is all you web pages. Just drag a page out to delete it.

As for editing a page, other than opening it up with a text editor/HTML authoring program, I don't know of a way to edit existing pages through iTools (although I haven't used iTools all that much to edit my pages anyway so there may be a way).

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2000, 12:03 AM

I saw someone who had a regular web page instead of one of the iTool pages. I realized you can upload a regular webpage into the Sites folder of your iTools disk! I did it and it worked--except I'm still a little confused about formatting links to pictures and stuff. I made a page with iTool then looked at the BBEdit file but I still didn't quite parse it. (Not that I'm paying _that_ much attention.) If anyone has a better clue and can post it here, it would be much appreciated!

Look at <hompage.mac.com/msharp> for an example of a regular (non-iTools) web site on the server.

kansir  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2000, 06:15 AM

I have tried to open my iDisk and delete the HTML files in the Site folder. However, it said that I don't have permission to delete lock files and I don't have permission to unlock them too. So I can not remove my homepage away! I can only add a new one.
Kansir
Learning everyday,
Enjoy everyday.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2000, 03:00 PM

You can duplicate the file to make a backup, then save a new file on top with the same name. It is a Unix file server--treat it as such.

Forum Links
Forum Rules