Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Bootable disk questions

Bootable disk questions
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2001, 08:03 PM

Recently I've been trying to burn an OS 9 bootable disk and it hasn't been working. In the past my method was simple. I would make an image of the disk that came with my computer with disk copy, then mount it and delete everything except the system folder and then move my techtool update onto the mounted image, then drag the mounted image to toast 4.1 or something and burn away. Now all of a sudden this results in a cd that isn't bootable. The only thing I can think of thats different is I have OS 9.2 now.

I know the imac disk I made an image of is bootable and I have tried this with several brands of CD s.

Anyone know a different method of making bootable disks or what I m doing wrong?

thanx
it's not about you

Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2001, 08:00 AM

Make a temporary partition in Toast, and drag a copy of the System Folder from the CD to that. Put the rest of the stuff on there. Check the "bootable" option and burn the temporary partition.

Forum Links
Forum Rules