Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help! System error code -2817

Help! System error code -2817
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2001, 09:48 AM

Anyone know what this means? Whenever I try to open any application an error code 2 comes up and lets me know to restart the computer. After I restarted it this error came up -2817 and said that it was a serious error and to insert the mac os disk. Any suggestions? I have a pretty big video project stored in my HD and I don't want to lose it. I tried to search for this code # but I could not find it. I also tried to run Norton Utilities though it and an error message came up that said that Norton could not finish checking my disk. Please help. Thanks.
Quad G5 1.5 gig 12 inch PB Lots of other stuff.

http://www.billkinkle.com

Clinically Insane
Dec 29, 2001, 11:45 AM

Reinstall your system... but first, boot off a DiskWarrior CD and repair your hard drive.

Seems like your HD has messed up your System pretty badly.

-2817... error connecting to library (error occured in sub prepare). fragLibConnErr.

Not good.

Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2001, 12:30 PM

Thanks, How do I boot off a warrior CD? What is it? Also is there any way to save any of the files that I have on my HD before I reinstall the system? Thanks.

Bill
Quad G5 1.5 gig 12 inch PB Lots of other stuff.

http://www.billkinkle.com

Clinically Insane
Dec 30, 2001, 10:09 AM

Your files will be left alone by a system reinstall.

DiskWarrior is a commercial application made by Alsoft - I strongly recommend its purchase. Put the CD in your drive and start up holding down the 'c' key.

Before buying DiskWarrior, try booting from the CD that came with your Mac - a restore or sytem disc (put in CD, reboot, hold C until the system begins to load).

From there, run "Disk First Aid" (in the Utilities folder on your CD). It may be able to fix your problem, but I doubt it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules