Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > damn idisk, froze my system!

damn idisk, froze my system!
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2002, 11:40 AM

i was just fooling around in the chooser and i hit appleshare and i put in idisk.mac.com and connected as usual and after is put in my username and passwork, i "accidently" hit the box that said that anything checked would open at startup and i hit the idisk..........BIG MISTAKE. the next time i went to start up my imac, everything was going good until i got to the point where it starts to dial up my isp (yeah, i'm on a dial up 56k... ) anyways, the remote access window opened up and the system froze.....everytime..... now mind you i use yahoo messenger at startup so i dont have to physically always connect to the internet, i turn on the imac and take a shower or whatever and when i get back the system is on the internet ready to go. by this time i knew what i had done wrong and had to uncheck that damn box...but i couldnt i tried to boot up with the extensions turned off but i still couldnt open the appleshare.....then it hit me, i went into the system folder and took everything out of the start up items folder and put them into the disabled startup item folder, restarted the system and got into appleshare and idisk and unchecked that damn box.........and viola! here i am back with my imac back in the land of the living......( i know long story with no point, but i am very new to computers and was kinda proud of myself for fixing it, and i know i would have never figured it out on a winbloze machine)
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

Forum Links
Forum Rules