Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iPhoto can't publish to web...

iPhoto can't publish to web...
Senior User
Jan 7, 2002, 07:14 PM

I imported photos from the hard drive and created some albums. I moved to "Share" and clicked on "HomePage". I added a title and clicked "Publish". A message now reads "Transferring 1 of 29 pictures..." and the "fuel" bar is stuck at the very beginning.

Any ideas?

tr
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2002, 07:17 PM

do you have enough room on your iDisk? i tried uploading an album to my homepage; it hung for a while, then it said that i needed more room. so i threw out some file i had on the iDisk then tried it again, and it worked fine.

tr

Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2002, 12:27 AM

WinsOBoogi,

tell me more about how you imported the files you already had: it was unclear at the keynote (and i can't tell from apple's website) whether or not i'd be able to scan prints from film and then import those scans into iPhoto to utilize the app's nifty cataloging features. Is there an import option for doing so?

peace
terry

tr
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2002, 01:34 AM

the way i import pics is to go under the File menu-->Import; you can then pick from anything on your computer.

you can't use the import button that is at the bottom of the iPhoto window, it seems like that is only for digital cameras. everytime i click on it, iphoto tells me no camera is connected.

be warned, though. if you import pics, they are copied to your Home-->Pictures-->iPhoto library folder. so if you will have 2 copies of the pics, one set in the original location, and one in your iPhoto library. it doesn't work like iTunes (which allows you to import songs into your library by just linking to their original location)--it's kinda annoying.

good luck,

tr

Forum Links
Forum Rules