Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > > G4 SLEEPS AND LOSES NETWORK CONNECTION!

> G4 SLEEPS AND LOSES NETWORK CONNECTION!
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2001, 12:16 PM

Hi
G4 500 with OS 9.1 disconnects itself from the network when it goes into sleep? We have a G4 and whenever it goes to sleep whether the user puts it to sleep or the energy saver puts it to sleep the network connections are disconnected. I reverted the energy saver back to OS9.0.4 and removed the energy saver 9.1 preferences and the problem still occurs.

any ideas
j

Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2001, 12:28 PM

That's just how it goes, I believe. It's always been that way for me. Hell, I sure can't communicate when I'm asleep, I guess I never expected my G4 to.

jay999  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2001, 01:31 PM

We have 10 other macs that retain file sharring connections on sleep. I am using a G4 450 and with OS 9.0 and 9.0.4 and my G4 is fine. We constantly need info from other computers on the network so if one computer goes to sleep and filesharring is turned off we cant access that info.

j

Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2001, 01:53 AM

yes that is whats supposed to happen, your other g4 that retian the connection when in sleep are probably not in deep sleep, because the only thing that is basicly powered in deep sleep is the ram, id just disable sleep in the enrgey saver control panel

jay999  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 30, 2001, 03:51 PM

How do you change deep sleep? I fiddled with the energy save prefs and for some reason when the G4 goes into sleep by itself the filesharring is kept on but if I attempt to put the computer to sleep i get a message that the G4 will lose network connections.

j

Forum Links
Forum Rules