Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > appleshare volumes dialogs on startup

appleshare volumes dialogs on startup
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 1999, 05:06 AM

hey all.

no biggie here. i just get an annoying dialog to login to some appleshare (linux) volumes under another user's name (although they mount just fine anyway after canceling each one???). both users were setup to auto-mount these volumes on startup. what up with that? is anyone else even more confused with the multi-user/sorta-single-user/amalgam-mania paradigm with os 9 (all them folders!) geez, i even understand the NT folders at work (god forbid).

also posted to apple TE.

thanks, jack

Nov 1, 1999, 06:09 PM

Not sure if this helps, but if you throw away the : "AppleShare Prep" file in the "Preferences Folder" the dialogue box that asks you to log on to those AppleShare disks will not appear. I am not sure if this is what you are asking though?

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 1999, 07:27 PM

Pretty close. I'll try it when i get home. say, wasn't there an apple utility to do this?

thanks,
j

Forum Links
Forum Rules