Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > .ISO files on Disc Burner

.ISO files on Disc Burner
Thread Tools
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 5, 2001, 05:02 PM
 
Is there anyway to burn .ISO files with Disc Burner?
     
-Q-
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2001, 09:04 AM
 
I don't believe so. Disc Burner isn't quite a full-featured CD burning software. Primarily designed to make burning Mac-formatted CDs as easy as possible.

You're better off with Toast for making ISO discs....
     
davecom  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2001, 04:38 PM
 
Originally posted by -Q-:
<STRONG>I don't believe so. Disc Burner isn't quite a full-featured CD burning software. Primarily designed to make burning Mac-formatted CDs as easy as possible.

You're better off with Toast for making ISO discs....</STRONG>
Toast 4.1.2 doesn't seem to recognize my Iomega Zip CD 650. Should I install the Iomega disc that came with it? Toast won't disable iTunes and Disc Burner will it?
     
-Q-
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2001, 04:56 PM
 
Nah, don't bother with the Iomega stuff. You just need to update your Toast software to 4.1.3. Head to this page to get the update. That will add support for your burner....

Q
     
davecom  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2001, 05:07 PM
 
Originally posted by -Q-:
<STRONG>Nah, don't bother with the Iomega stuff. You just need to update your Toast software to 4.1.3. Head to this page to get the update. That will add support for your burner....

Q</STRONG>
I updated to 4.1.3, but it still does not recognize my Zip CD 650.
     
-Q-
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 8, 2001, 07:39 AM
 
Hrm. That's odd. According to Roxio's support database, 4.1.3 offers support for your brand of burner. What does the Iomega CD install?

And what are the specs you're using (machine type, OS, RAM, etc.)? There may be a conflict somewhere...
     
jac
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 8, 2001, 11:16 AM
 
Dicsburner/iTunes won't work with Toast 4. You need to disable some Apple extensions for Toast to work; I think it's the Authoring support and USB Authoring support extentions that need to be turned off (i'm not entirely sure of those names). Check out Roxios website for more help.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AI Boards
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 11, 2001, 02:01 AM
 
Originally posted by jac:
<STRONG>Dicsburner/iTunes won't work with Toast 4. You need to disable some Apple extensions for Toast to work; I think it's the Authoring support and USB Authoring support extentions that need to be turned off (i'm not entirely sure of those names). Check out Roxios website for more help.</STRONG>
also disable the Disc Burner extension

quick & easy way to find 'em all - view Extensions Manager "by Package"
     
   
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2