Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Save as help

Save as help
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2001, 08:38 AM

In OS 9 the 'save as' window, in some applications, have three icons in the top right. The far right icon (aclock) stores a list of visited folders.

Can anyone tell me how to remove a folder from this list, without deleting the original folder?

This is for Photoshop 6.0.1 where I have found that the 'save as' option is not acting as it always has.
If you open, say three files for folder A, and 'save as' and put the first file into folder B, previously every other 'save as' would open folder B, the last folder save to. In 6.0.1 it is the original folder that the file came from that opens. This is despite any option in the Apple general control panel.

I have contacted Adobe but still waiting.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Q-
Aug 7, 2001, 05:27 PM

Can anyone tell me how to remove a folder from this list, without deleting the original folder?
I havne't figured out how to fine tune this, but if you want to eradicate all the folders under that icon, there's a 'Navigation Services' folder in your Preferences folder in your System Folder. Delete the prefs file in there and you can remove all the folders that appear under the 'clock'.

As for the Photoshop problem, have you tried deleting your General Controls preferences? Some corruption there may be the cause of the problem in Photoshop...

lland  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2001, 05:26 AM

Thanks for your help Q.

Deleting the Prefs from Navigation Services was just perfect - some macs had large lists of folders (some duplicate).

Photoshop is still hanging onto the folder that a picture came from despite deleting the General Controls Prefs.

Thanks again for your help

Forum Links
Forum Rules