So there I was trying to install OS X..from my original CD...
1. I couldn't get it to actually work in the startup disk...finally worked..don't know what I did..it worked ok!
2. I restarted...A white screen came up.. some weird symbol and then : Unknow Word
3. I restarted again...now a white screen with instructions to type BOOT or Bye (to go to 9.1) - niether of which worked..(followed by hit <return>
4. I restarted again...White screen..Unknown Word. (I am now saying many known words!)
5. Rip all pci cards out...ata66 ...USB... ATI Rage 128
6. Restarted...again...Unknown Word (I was using many known words...#$!^*&&&!)!
7. Ok..unplugged the normal ide drive (internal ide bus) -incedently where a new version of 9.1 and X were supposed to be installed..(I only got as far as 9.1...
8. Tried restarting with no hd's...just the cd...what the fack! Again...unknown word. (9.1 cd)
10. Put back my pci cards with the good ata 66 drive...(Quantum LM)
11. WHITE FREEKIN SCREEN AGAIN! Unknown Word..(Totally freaking out around now!)
12. Press the reset on the board...restart..W-screen / Unkownword...Shut down and press the reset for a while...finally...my drive and system is back.
13. Any one get this to work on a biege G3 266 tower rev B. (ATI Pro Plus chip) 2 drive ide support)??? (I do have an upgraded processor though..458mhz..) 384mb RAM...
Thanks...and good luck!