Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Starmax CD-ROM running OS 8.X-9.0

Starmax CD-ROM running OS 8.X-9.0
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2000, 12:33 AM

Just got a Motorola StarMax 3000/200. Got everything including a new Networking card up, but I cannot get the CD-ROM to mount. Like the PowerCenter, the drive will show up when running the profiler under 8.0. Do not know what to do!

Nick

The Wolfe
Oct 21, 2000, 02:01 PM

You need some version of a CD-ROM driver when using a Mac clone. Motorola didn't use Apple CD-ROM's. FWB CD-ROM toolkit works well - even the older versions.

------------------
Eliott Wolfe
Winnetka, Calif

Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2000, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the help. After searching every single place on the web I could think of for the TEAC CD-ROM driver, I looked on the HD and CD-ROM toolkit only needed to be installed and then everything was a go from there. Now I am planning on getting an internal ZIP, larger HD, and RAM and making the machine an MP3 server at my University. Thanks again for the help.

Nick

dw
Oct 22, 2000, 03:46 PM

I use the cd rom driver from system 7.6.1 (apple's cd rom driver) which works great even with os9. You can also go to www.resexcellence.com and they can tell you how to hack the current cd/dvd driver that apple provides to use the teac drive. That works well too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules