Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Finder Quits on Power PC 8100/80

Finder Quits on Power PC 8100/80
Paul Spitsen
Oct 24, 2000, 06:07 PM

Can anyone offer some help on a problem that I am having with my power pc 8100/80? My problem is that the finder keeps randomly quitting and giving me an error box which states that the finder has unexpectedly quit etc. etc.

I have verified that the following hardware components are in good working order. The hard drive, cd rom drive, floppy drive, ram, logic board battery, ketboard, mouse vram and even changed out the monitor. Nothing has helped and I have run TechTool to verify that all components are functioning properly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I'm near the end of my rope on this one.

Thank you.

Paul

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2000, 02:06 PM

I get this quite often too. I think the finder file gets corrupted. This is what works for me. Start up from your system CD. Go to your system folder and drag your finder to the trash, them empty trash. Now go to the system folder on your system CD and drag the finder icon into the system folder on your hard drive. Restart.
This works for a few weeks then I have to do it again. I am running 8.6 on a B&W G3.

Forum Links
Forum Rules