Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Power Computing PowerCenter 150

Power Computing PowerCenter 150
Oct 29, 2000, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have this machine or happen to know--can the PowerCenter 150 take MacOS 9.0.4????? At the moment, I am running System 8.0. Thank you in advance for any help offered. GeneA
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2000, 09:16 AM
I have one, and yes it can.
GeneA  (op)
Oct 30, 2000, 01:30 PM
Thank you Misha
I am trying to do this updating/upgrading for a busy university prof, and I am short of time to do this for her, as I'm visiting from afar (she's in a *very* non-Mac university environment, and has 'minus-zilch' tech help!). So, a couple more questions since you are in the "know", obviously!!
(1) How much RAM is necessary for 9.0.4??? (I *might* have to settle for 8.1--she is running 8.0.)
(2) Is FWB HardDisk Toolkit Version 3 up-to-date enough for re-initializing the hard drive and starting from scratch, as she thinks is necessary?
(3) Does the PowerCenter 150 CD-ROM driver have to come from the original CD that came with her machine, or will FWB do the trick? Am I right that the Apple CD-ROM driver won't work?
(4) any other cautions/warnings of which I need to be cogniscent?
Forum Links
Forum Rules