Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OLD Need

OLD Need
Jun 30, 2001, 11:49 AM

I have a Powerbook 145b runs great have OS 7.1 installed love to get OS 7.6 anyone knows were I can get a copy please email me thanks.

Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2001, 01:15 PM

Next to your forward slash key, is the period key. It can come in handy.

You can purchase it from Apple. It has not been released for free as of yet. 7.5 has, I believe, and can be downloaded from Apple.

Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2001, 02:27 PM

You can probably order 7.6 on disk from nexcomp.com .

But you're probably wasting your time. The 145B would only support 8 or 14 M of RAM, and 7.6.1 (which is after the free update from Apple) is going to be much bigger and much slower than 7.1. I run 7.1 on all of my older Powerbooks, even my Duo 270. It runs fast, uses no memory, and works fine with the limited applications that you can run on those machines in the first place.
He can be fixed -- you can't.

Senior User
Jun 30, 2001, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>Next to your forward slash key, is the period key. It can come in handy.

You can purchase it from Apple. It has not been released for free as of yet. 7.5 has, I believe, and can be downloaded from Apple.</STRONG>
If 7.5 is free then I think 7.6 may be as well. From what I remember, 7.6 was a free updater from Apple. I could be wrong though but go to Apple site to make sure, you could be pleasantly surprised.

Administrator
Jun 30, 2001, 04:14 PM

This TIL note gives the status for 7.6/7.6.1. I have it bookmarked, and check it every month or so to see if 7.6/7.6.1 has been released for free download. So far, the answer is still no. All you can get is the 7.6 -&gt; 7.6.1 updater.

Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2001, 05:16 AM

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: drewman ]

maclove  (op)
Jul 2, 2001, 11:32 PM

Thanks everybody for the advice will look into...

Forum Links
Forum Rules