Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > mac llcx internal battery?

mac llcx internal battery?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2002, 02:55 PM

Sorry. I didn't explain my problem properly regarding the internal battery. I can't find the battery location inside my llcx. It's not obvious when you take off the cover.

Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2002, 03:08 PM

Okay, I responded to your first thread, but now that I understand your question, I'll try again. I'll describe the battery.

The battery itself is about half the length of an AA battery (the battery is even called a 1/2 AA). The enclosure that it is in is black, and it's a little big bigger than the battery itself. The lid (which has a "window" on the top, you can see the battery inside) has a small tab on each end. You'll probably need a slotted screwdriver to pry the tab open (be careful, don't break it). Make note of which way the battery is seated in the enclosure, so you don't put it in backwards.

The enclosure is usually near the border of the motherboard (not in the middle), but I'm not exactly sure of the location in the IIcx.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2002, 06:26 PM

I just sent you a private message.

-Chris

Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 10:21 PM

The cx and ci have similar boxes (almost identical in layout). The battery is underneath the powersupply and behind the memory (which you should be able to see).

The method of getting at it is by unscrewing the single screw that holds in the floppy disk drive and its plasticmount (its the mount that you are unscrewing). Its located almost dead center of the machine's innards. Then you'll have to unplug the floppy drive and its power. I suggest pulling the cables out.

Carefully remove the mount and floppy drive. There are several catches that you can visually see before you remove the plastic containing the floppy drive. You'll THEN be able to remove the power supply by pulling it straight up.

Once its out, you'll happily see the battery on the motherboard. Good luck, and visually inspect the pieces so you'll know how to 'reassemble' you machine when you are done.

Vive la Macintosh!

Forum Links
Forum Rules