Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 4400/200 Power Mac

4400/200 Power Mac
smokymnt
Sep 8, 2000, 10:59 AM

I replaced internal battries in four 4400/200 power macs today and had no problems until the last one. When I pluged the machine up.......no power,it's not the cord and I have rechecked all the connections. I also put the old battery back in and same thing, any ideas?
Do these machines have a fuse or a fuseable link.I have replugged the machine and I can hear a little noise but I'm still not getting any power to the power on button.Sounds to me like a electric problem? How about you?

smokymnt
Sep 8, 2000, 03:01 PM

Not a electric problem..... .I checked all the manuals and searched everywhere I could think of on the web and then had to call a tech.support we use at work but the problem is fixed! The reset button is in between the memory slots and the back of the computer.Little square box that has a round dot on top,it does not look like a reset button.

Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2000, 12:29 AM

Try the reset on the mostherboard. Have a Starmax clone and it does the same thing.

Nick

Forum Links
Forum Rules