Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > DSL on Mac OS 7.5

DSL on Mac OS 7.5
Yosemite
Dec 10, 2000, 07:10 PM

I have a performa 630 w/ Mac OS 7.5 installed, i would like to hook it up to my little home network so it can use the dsl connection but no nohting about mac os 7.x, can someone help me step by step to set up a DSL connection on this mac?

Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2000, 01:43 AM

First, make sure that you have updated to 7.5.3 which is freely available on Apple's website. Next find the Classic-Open Transport switching utility and choose Open Transport. It will make you reboot if you have to change.

Now you have the same TCP/IP control panel that you should recognize the fields to enter. Go to Edit-User Mode and choose advanced. Now there is an Options button at the lower right. Click it and choose to have TCP/IP loaded all the time NOT on demand.

Choose your ethernet interface (your 630 does have an ethernet card installed with drivers -right?) in the drop down box of the TCP/IP control panel. Enter your information from the other machines including a manual address or DHCP. Close the panel and it should be able to get on the net. A reboot might be required, but not generally.

Good luck!

drewman

Forum Links
Forum Rules