Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Monitor doesn't work with Mac 7500

Monitor doesn't work with Mac 7500
sellart
Dec 30, 2000, 02:09 PM

I just got a used Power Mac 7500 (Ebay) and hooked up a functioning Apple 14" color monitor. The machine boots OK but the screen image is a real problem. The text is broken and nearly impossible to read and two heavy, vertical lines go from top to bottom, following the cursor. Files open but I can't read the text.

Any ideas?

Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2001, 03:19 AM

Right off the bat it sounds a little like the refresh rate is too high. If you can, try another monitor. The Apple 14" is fixed rate? If you can't try another monitor try resetting the PRAM or starting up from a system disk that you know has a lower monitor resolution. If picture is o.k. then Bingo!
Carpé Bandwidth

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2001, 11:07 AM

There have been fixed-rate 14" Monitors by Apple, indeed. If yours is one of these, try to set a low refresh rate in the control panel, such as 60 Hz, maybe 67 Hz.

I have encountered some Apple monitors that worked fine on 68k-Performas, but not on PowerPC Performas and other Macs withe 601 Processor.

Regards,

Walter.

Forum Links
Forum Rules