Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Apple TV/Video System

Apple TV/Video System
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2001, 06:32 PM

I picked up a Apple TV/Video System the other day for 10 bucks from an auction to come home and see I don't have a computer that accepts it. I was wondering if any of you knew which systems can support it or if you are using it in a system, is it anygood and what machine do you have? Thanks.

<G4 Cubert2>
Sep 10, 2001, 10:33 PM

I had one in my Performa 6220CD. It was (and is) a great TV tuner, with a cool remote control and everything. We used it as our TV for several years, and even taped shows to QuickTime using Apple's excellent System 7 app. It's still in use by some friends, and works great.

I believe the Performas released late '94 and early '95 are your best bet.

I wish Macs still had this feature. I tried a Formac TV tuner card in my G4 tower... man, was it cruddy.

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2001, 11:07 PM

I have one in my PowerMac 5500/250 and it works great. Have my DirecTV receiver hooked up to it. Great bedroom TV set.

Kevin

PowerMac 5500/250 w/Sonnet G3-400/1mb
PowerMac 5400/120
Mac SE
iMac 500/Snow(arrives tomorrow...Yippie!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules