Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Need SCSI HD Help NOW

Need SCSI HD Help NOW
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2000, 12:20 PM

I have two older 1.2 GB HDs that I need to get working ASAP! I've had similar problems with HDs and I never knew what causes this to happen or how to fix it so I'm wondering if someone hear knows.

whenI try to use the drives they really don't start up, one sounds like it's trying, but just can't seem to spin up. the other spins up, the read.write/arm kicks in, then it spins down again.

The other time I had the happen it's because the inside of the CPU was to hot (broken cooling fan), but as soon as I removed the cover and let it cool down it had worked fine. But these are new to me drives that are reconidtioned. The case I've tried both on different CPUs and an external HD case, and none seem to have any different, effects, what's going on hear???
iGeek

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 22, 2000, 07:06 PM

Well, I don't know what to say but last few times I had this happen I had to replaced the hard drives. Of course, this wasn't on a Mac machine but I don't think that it makes the difference.

If you have an external drive somewhere try connecting these hard drives externally (in case temperature does make a difference).

Forum Links
Forum Rules