Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > PB Duo 280c when waking up!

PB Duo 280c when waking up!
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2000, 08:34 PM

I have a PowerBook Duo 280c (or maybe 270c) running on 7.5.5. It says 270c on the case but is reported by TattleTech as being a Duo 280c with a 33 MHz 68LC040 processor. After it wakes up from sleep, It freezes or gives me a type 10 error. Can anyone help me?

A type 10 error is listed as:
ID=09 and ID=10 Line 1010 & 1111 Trap
There are many routines in the Macintosh ROM that can be called by placing instructions in a program that aren't in the 68000's vocabulary. When the 68000 encounters such an instruction, it looks it up in the instruction table. This table gives the location of routines paired with each instruction. If it finds an entry in the table for the instruction, it branches to the routine. If there's no entry for the instruction, you see one of these errors.

Can anyone draw a conclusion from this?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2000, 08:42 PM

Forgot to add two things...I tried resetting the Power Manager using the method on Apple's site of pressing the button in the back for 45 seconds. After that, the computer kept playing a weird noise. I removed the power sources and it booted fine. I did the same with ResetPwrMgr, which required me to allocate it more memory (error type 25), and it worked fine. I'm just wondering if the first part could some how be related.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

Forum Links
Forum Rules