Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > bad 7500 mobo? oh noooooo!!!

bad 7500 mobo? oh noooooo!!!
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2001, 09:14 PM

ugh this is sad.... got a 7500 'tnt' mobo for my sister for christmas;

figured i could install it in her 7200 case: replace the yuckie 7200 mobo; and use the 7200's psu [ well that's what i read and was told hence the thought]

installation went smashing; i have muked around inside computer cases quite a bit, and this was really a pleasure... one screw!!! ok... well 5 but only 1 for the mobo and 2 for the audio/vid personality card and 2 for the speaker that as in my way.

OOO k, 7200 mobo out 7500 in, plug in the ram from the 7200, plug in the pci vid card [ixmirco thingie] plug in the CPU daughter card hook up the scsi drives, disk drive, plug th epus unto the mobo atach keyboard mouse monitor to vid card.

tap the soft pwer key....um.....

::makes sure everything is pluged in::

...um....

oh deeeeeer....

well i'm back to fooling with it, probly end up reinstalling the 7200 mobo...::sighs:: 30 bucks and a happy little sister down the drain.
pie = good pi = eVil

mr fo0l  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2001, 09:40 PM

WHOPS!!!

I'm looking at the thing, and saying 'ok now sft prw and hard pwr just send a signal to the psu and it stops powering up 1ms l8r..."

I looked just one last time and said 'ok i'm reinstalling th e7200 mobo so my sis had Something to use' I go to take out the daughtercard and doh...it is seated very very 1/2 assed. I just about smacked myself in the forehead. but I deiced to seat the daughter card firmly and try booting.. walla memory test, happy mac, peachy! now all i have to do is fix the horrid air flow and add a zif carrier and my sis will really have something to play with

Don't you love it when things are just that simple??

Ahh i never mind playing the part of the fool when things work out so well ^_-
pie = good pi = eVil

Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2001, 10:26 PM

Hehe, congratulations

Try doing *that* on a modern Mac...

Forum Links
Forum Rules