Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Original 128K Mac

Original 128K Mac
Senior User
Jan 20, 2002, 11:31 AM

Ever wonder how did Apple ship the first 128K Mac? I mean packaging wise, etc.

Anyway, I found this page just now, a Japanese dude in Thailand, check it out here...

Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2002, 02:24 PM

You know, I was way too young to ever know what the box looked like, so it was cool to see it now. Thanks for the nice link!

The only problem is....I don't speak Thai
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

-Q-
Jan 20, 2002, 06:37 PM

Go to Babelfish. It'll translate the page well enough to get the gist of what the page is about.

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: -Q- ]

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2002, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by oeyvind:
<STRONG>Ever wonder how did Apple ship the first 128K Mac? I mean packaging wise, etc. </STRONG>
Suprisingly, a science teacher of mine used the school's old 128k and classic boxes for storage of typical science class things (rocks, logs, dirt.) It really threw me off the first time I saw it, those computers were actually NEW once...
-cak

Jan 21, 2002, 04:16 PM

I may be showing my age here, but I remember unpacking one of these bad boys. It was at a publishing company I was working for, and the move to digital page layout and pre-press wasn't widely accepted. Most of the old-school editors (except me of course) considered computers a fad that would soon die off. But the head honcho was determined to get those Macs in place. We're glad he stuck to his guns; they're still firmly dedicated to Macs there.

I thought the box was cool then. I'd love to have one now. I had a 512K about five years ago and sold it for $25. Silly me.

Thanks for letting me reminisce.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Mac-Guy ]
Otis Day?? He loves us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules