Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac dead after 2nd boot and LCD change

iMac dead after 2nd boot and LCD change
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2005, 08:36 AM

My 17" LCD of my iMac G4 had received a blow from my 6 year old son about a year ago. It has slowly been losing large groups of pixels over time. I finally found a good deal on Ebay for a used LCD screen replacement.

I installed the screen, and transferred the inverter to the new LCD panel. On the first power-up, everything worked great. However, after powering-down, I transferred my iMac to its normal location, and it would not even power up! It is now completely dead. I re-opened the bezel, and I noted a slight smell of burnt electronics. I double-checked the connections, and everything was secure and in the proper configuration.

Is it possible that the inverter burned up? If it is, would that prevent the iMac from powering up at all?

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2005, 10:40 PM

I figured out what was wrong...it was something stupid. But now everything works great! Hallelujah!

dru
Senior User
Aug 4, 2005, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Themerson
I figured out what was wrong...it was something stupid. But now everything works great! Hallelujah!
Clue us in! We need a good laugh.
20" iMac C2D/2.4GHz 3GB RAM 10.6.8 (10H549)

Forum Links
Forum Rules