Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Roommates spilled beer on iBook, and won't confess...

Roommates spilled beer on iBook, and won't confess... (Page 2)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2005, 02:16 PM

Great that it turned out okay! It's a good thing your roommates finally confessed, even though they needed your 'support'. Now, let's hope there are updates soon
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2005, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the update, I'm glad that ended well! Sometimes people need a little (or a lot) of encouragement to do the right thing.

Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2005, 08:12 PM

Hey Shoe, I'm really glad things turned out for the better with your and your friends. It's unfortunate that they needed so much "support" to do the right thing, but at least they did so at the end.

And, no, we were happy to hear you out. It brought out a lot of opinions and caused discussion-- exactly what a forum is for!

Apr 28, 2005, 11:18 PM

This is the way to go. Sell it on eBay: as is/won't post/etc.

Lots of ebayers will think you are an idiot and the problem is something simple like a pram battery.

Originally Posted by macaddict0001
sell all the parts the after all the working parts are sold sell the ibook as is listing what parts are missing.
-Formerly: Mac Plus, PowerMac 8100, Orange Clamshell iBook, G3 B@W, G3 900 iBook, G4 eMac, G5 1.8 Dually, G5 2.0 Dually, G4 iBook, G4 Mac Mini, MBP Rev1 2.0.

-Current: MBP Core 2 Duo

-If I can sneak it in the house: Mac Pro (any will do)

Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by jasonv1
This is the way to go. Sell it on eBay: as is/won't post/etc.

Lots of ebayers will think you are an idiot and the problem is something simple like a pram battery.
I think the roommates bought the iBook for 700$, and that they should be allowed to sell the scavenge.

If you can wait you should hold out for an iBook update. The gpu in the new iBooks should support Core Image.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo
This is just typical irresponsible behavior by college students. If they won't accept responsibility then I see no good way to resolve the situation (and Hi I'm Ben's method is just plain creepy, if not downright sociopathic.)

As I see it, you can do four things:

1. Get a new Mac.

2. Get new roommates.

3. Take better care of your valuables. In a college living situation bikes, stereos, computers, musical instruments etc. are at risk. Many students are essentially children with access to alcohol, which is not a very good combination...

4. Live and Learn. There are good people out there; learn to tell the difference between them and poeple like your roommates and your life will be a whole lot better.
LOL, yup i agree with new roommates part.. good luck!

Forum Links
Forum Rules