Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 28)
Thread Tools
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 19, 2004, 01:38 AM
 
motorola phones are garbage. v3 included. its an overblown v600 in a nice housing.
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 19, 2004, 10:27 PM
 
Originally posted by crazeazn:
motorola phones are garbage. v3 included. its an overblown v600 in a nice housing.
I agree... unlike Apple's products... the motorola v3 especially is style over function and a bad user interface. I returned mine and got a T637 and EVDO service with Verizon. Here's an updated pic of my new babies.



Hi-Res:
http://homepage.mac.com/trancepriest/setup/setup.jpg
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York City, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 19, 2004, 11:44 PM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
I agree... unlike Apple's products... the motorola v3 especially is style over function and a bad user interface. I returned mine and got a T637 and EVDO service with Verizon. Here's an updated pic of my new babies.



Hi-Res:
http://homepage.mac.com/trancepriest/setup/setup.jpg
as usual, i'm jealous
iamwhor3hay
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 02:18 AM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
I agree... unlike Apple's products... the motorola v3 especially is style over function and a bad user interface. I returned mine and got a T637 and EVDO service with Verizon. Here's an updated pic of my new babies.



Hi-Res:
http://homepage.mac.com/trancepriest/setup/setup.jpg
now thats what im talkin about! SE phones seem to work best (seamlessly) with isync and dont have any problems. i'm a HUGE nokia fan (i owned a 6230b) but had to part ways b/c the lack of support on isync. i'm currently using a k700i and lovin the synccing...

btw how is the verizon EVDO service and how much are you paying... i REALLY REALLY wish the 12" had a pcmcia so i could drop in the card and use that service...

cheers!
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MacNN database error. Please refresh your browser.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 02:43 AM
 
Nokias do work fine with iSync. The 6600 is pretty painless and its other Series 60 features blow most other phones out of the water.

Now, if you could get (well, actually if I could get) a Nokia with Series 60 software in a Razr phone (with MMC card also, for my N-Gage games), that would be the ultimate phone.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 03:10 AM
 
Originally posted by Randman:
Nokias do work fine with iSync. The 6600 is pretty painless and its other Series 60 features blow most other phones out of the water.

Now, if you could get (well, actually if I could get) a Nokia with Series 60 software in a Razr phone (with MMC card also, for my N-Gage games), that would be the ultimate phone.

sorry but ur wrong, MANY of the newer series 60 nokia phones are not supported (ie 6620, 7610, 3230, 6670, 7260, 6260 and so on). the latest nokia series 60 supported is the 3660/20, which is to my tastes much too large and shaped like a dildo. my handset was a series40 albeit a wierd version of it, and i prefer basic feature phones with bluetooth support.
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MacNN database error. Please refresh your browser.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 03:15 AM
 
I've had a 6600, which is not dildo-shaped, and haven't had any problems with it, so I'm not sure where I'm wrong.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 03:21 AM
 
Originally posted by Randman:
I've had a 6600, which is not dildo-shaped, and haven't had any problems with it, so I'm not sure where I'm wrong.
haha! no no the 36xx series look like dildos, the 66xx series look like hand grenades to me, the 6600 is actually a wonderful phone, if it werent so wide.... i just think apple needs to get on the ball, or nokia needs to make stuff work better...
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 07:43 AM
 
Originally posted by crazeazn:
now thats what im talkin about! SE phones seem to work best (seamlessly) with isync and dont have any problems. i'm a HUGE nokia fan (i owned a 6230b) but had to part ways b/c the lack of support on isync. i'm currently using a k700i and lovin the synccing...

btw how is the verizon EVDO service and how much are you paying... i REALLY REALLY wish the 12" had a pcmcia so i could drop in the card and use that service...

cheers!
The EVDO service is really a dream come true for me... the mobility freedom s amazing. It's completely switched the way I use the internet. Its with me on the road and when i come home... i just hook up the G5 to the powerbook and share the internet connection. The speeds are really broadband speeds... on speed tests I regularly get above 400kbps.... the tops i've gotten is 690kbps.;.. the upload is limited to around an hundred kbps... the tops I've gotten on speed tests is 104kbps. The cost is $80 per month and $200 for the pc 5220 card with a rebate of $150... the money that I save from not having a regular landline for DSL anymore is well worth it. PLus before I had DSL and Tmobile and the cost was about $90 per month for both... so last week both those serviceswere cancelled. Wireless is the future. I'm just happy to be having the future now...
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Detroit, MI
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 01:20 PM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
I agree... unlike Apple's products... the motorola v3 especially is style over function and a bad user interface. I returned mine and got a T637 and EVDO service with Verizon. Here's an updated pic of my new babies.



Hi-Res:
http://homepage.mac.com/trancepriest/setup/setup.jpg

Hmm Trancepriest, nice wallpaper on your desktop, where did you get it from?
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 02:27 PM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
The EVDO service is really a dream come true for me... the mobility freedom s amazing. It's completely switched the way I use the internet. Its with me on the road and when i come home... i just hook up the G5 to the powerbook and share the internet connection. The speeds are really broadband speeds... on speed tests I regularly get above 400kbps.... the tops i've gotten is 690kbps.;.. the upload is limited to around an hundred kbps... the tops I've gotten on speed tests is 104kbps. The cost is $80 per month and $200 for the pc 5220 card with a rebate of $150... the money that I save from not having a regular landline for DSL anymore is well worth it. PLus before I had DSL and Tmobile and the cost was about $90 per month for both... so last week both those serviceswere cancelled. Wireless is the future. I'm just happy to be having the future now...
you mean u had tmobile gprs right? (slow slow, i use it as well) is there anyway to use verizon without pcmcia card?
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 06:41 PM
 
Jstein,

I got the wallpaper from this site http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/ <--- this site is a great wallpaper site... I'm sure you will find lots that you like.

Crazeazn,

I had Tmbolie hotspot service for $30 a month... I tried out the unlimited GPRS service but as u said it was really really slow... slower than dialup.... lol... so I definitely cancelled that service after discovering how slow it was... they pro-rated my account.. so that testing which was done mostly on the razr should only cost me about $5 max. As of now i think EVDO on verizon is only pcmcia accessible. If you find out different... let me know... plus are you in a major city? The serive is only available in about 20 major cities and a few airports. Lets hope they build a bigger grid soon.

--- Trancepriest
( Last edited by trancepriest; Dec 20, 2004 at 06:48 PM. )
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 09:55 PM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
Jstein,

I got the wallpaper from this site http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/ <--- this site is a great wallpaper site... I'm sure you will find lots that you like.

Crazeazn,

I had Tmbolie hotspot service for $30 a month... I tried out the unlimited GPRS service but as u said it was really really slow... slower than dialup.... lol... so I definitely cancelled that service after discovering how slow it was... they pro-rated my account.. so that testing which was done mostly on the razr should only cost me about $5 max. As of now i think EVDO on verizon is only pcmcia accessible. If you find out different... let me know... plus are you in a major city? The serive is only available in about 20 major cities and a few airports. Lets hope they build a bigger grid soon.

--- Trancepriest
i'm in dallas and houston and occasionally austin, san antonio... dallas is guaranteed service for anything mobile, its one of the few select markets that support att's '3g' service albeit not as fast as verizon's, do you know anyone who has used sprint's data services?
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 20, 2004, 10:46 PM
 
Crazeazn,

Cool! Your in Texas... I lived in Dallas (Richardson) for a few years before my family moved to South Florida.

I was with Sprint before but unfortunately never tried out their data services. I do know that Sprint is in the process of building their EV-DO network. So it seems EV-DO will be the technology driving high speed wireless data connections

Here's an article on Sprints plans to adapt EV-DO:
http://news.com.com/Sprint+plans+fas...j=news.1039.20

Here's another one on speed trials of EV-DO vs. UMTS:
http://telephonyonline.com/ar/teleco...trials_umts_2/

Here are the cities and airports that are covered by Verizon's wireless broadband.

Cities:

Atlanta, GA / Austin, TX / Baltimore, MD / Dallas, TX / Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV / Los Angeles, CA / Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL / Milwaukee, WI
New Orleans, LA / New York, NY / Philadelphia, PA / San Diego, CA /
Tampa, FL / Washington, DC / West Palm Beach, FL

Airports:

Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW)
Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
George Bush/Intercontinental Houston Airport (IAH)
Houston William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
( Last edited by trancepriest; Dec 20, 2004 at 11:27 PM. )
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles of the East
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2004, 01:44 PM
 



It's been awhile so I thought I'd post n' bump our favorite thread.
Nothing too special here just a:
12" Rev B Combo 1.25GB RAM
Samsung 17" 172T
20gig 3rd gen iPod
Canon ZR85
yada yada yada
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2004, 02:18 PM
 
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2004, 07:49 AM
 
that looks cool - glass and icey...
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2004, 09:12 AM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
Where did you get that plastic white stand from? Thanks.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MacNN database error. Please refresh your browser.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2004, 09:18 AM
 
Do you mean the plastic clear stand? Looks like an iCurve.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2004, 09:44 AM
 
Here's a link to the iCurve by Griffin Technology. I've had one for about 8 months and love it. iCurve
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: College Station, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2004, 11:44 AM
 
I don't see how he can stand having those monitors that far away from his eyes (and the keyboard). I get mine up close and personal.
Apple user since 1987
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: with pretty wife
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2004, 11:06 PM
 
Originally posted by iREZ:
Does your PowerBook 12" fan come on much with that setup? Just curious, as I'm looking to get a setup like that.

Thanks.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: College Station, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2004, 11:51 PM
 
I have a similar setup to the one shown above, also utilizing text books, but I put my PowerBook on them. It allows me to put my external keyboard under the PowerBook's wrist rest, keeping the screen close to my eyes.

Apple user since 1987
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles of the East
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
 
I got a Rev B (which people claim is hotter than the Rev C but I haven't noticed too much of a difference at the apple store) and sure if I do CPU intensive things the fan will pop on but I always have iTunes working anyway so I never hear it. There are two fans, one is pretty low and the other one is very audible, I figure if you get an iCurve or anyother stand with ventilation you should be fine. Besides it's not like your using your PB keyboard so you can't really notice the heat all too much. I love this setup and wouldn't give up for any 15" or 17" in the world. Portable on the go, plenty screen real estate for when I sit and do my real work.

PS. STAT, if I were you I'd put some pink rubber erasers underneath your Pbook. I could imagine the heat between your PB and a book cover and you really might not care, but I'm sure it'll keep the heat down a bit more and keep those fans from starting up. Food for thought.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: College Station, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2004, 12:32 PM
 
Originally posted by iREZ:
PS. STAT, if I were you I'd put some pink rubber erasers underneath your Pbook. I could imagine the heat between your PB and a book cover and you really might not care, but I'm sure it'll keep the heat down a bit more and keep those fans from starting up. Food for thought.
Yeah, I actually keep it on a RoadTools CoolPad (not the big podium one, but the travel pad) and it lets me hang it over the front edge even further AND gives it some breathing room.
Apple user since 1987
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles of the East
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2004, 12:34 PM
 
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2004, 09:36 PM
 
Originally posted by Matt OS X:
WHOA!!! HOw do you do that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
yea you guys forget about that? How he do that? He use a long DVI cord $$$?
PB G4 1.33 15" Combo Drive 1,256 Mem :)
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: in front of my Mac
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2004, 04:07 AM
 
Originally posted by iREZ:
There are two fans, one is pretty low and the other one is very audible.
I have a rev B 12" too. There is only one fan. If you hear a very faint noise, it's the HD, not a fan. The loud guy is the fan.

Check Apple's assembly guide here and you'll see there is only a single fan, not two. Its part number is 922-6242.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: C'dale, IL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2004, 06:09 PM
 
Originally posted by Simon:
I have a rev B 12" too. There is only one fan. If you hear a very faint noise, it's the HD, not a fan. The loud guy is the fan.
...
The faint noise he's hearing is likely the fan as well, I believe it operates at atleast two different speeds depending on how hot the system is... nice feature.

//Carbon


:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2004, 06:44 PM
 
Reguarding that Verizon Wireless PC5220 card that Transpriest uses; The Verizon salesman called his boss to verify it worked with Macs; his boss said it would not work. I purchased it even though it's system requirements excluded Macs. I did not use the included software CD; I just plugged in the card and hoped for the best. My 17" automatically recognized the card and making a switch from dial-up to the new wireless in System Preferences/Network was easy; there were no phone numbers or complicated procedures to do; in a flash I was (am) on the internet. AMAZING! Now I don't need even a mobile phone to get on the net; just the card. $80 per month and a $150 rebate for the $150 card. So far so good. Thanks Transpriest!

By the way, I live near to you; Hollywood, Florida

Pics on bottom of this web page:

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum34.html

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR!
( Last edited by urrl78; Dec 31, 2004 at 08:31 PM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: in front of my Mac
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 1, 2005, 05:30 AM
 
Originally posted by CarbonG4:
The faint noise he's hearing is likely the fan as well, I believe it operates at atleast two different speeds depending on how hot the system is... nice feature.
It operates at many different speeds depending on temperature. You can hear well when it kicks in at 48C/118F. It will accelerate with increasing temperature. By the time I reach the max temp of 62C/144F it's roaring. Any other noise would have to come from the disk.
     
Pl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 1, 2005, 03:55 PM
 
here is my mac:
http://www.eurofoto.no/show_image_st...&dx=580&dy=296

View my web site: http://www.mrx.no/paalhoff.html
Art, Celebritys, travel, kids pictures and more...
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The O.C.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2005, 12:13 AM
 

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2005, 06:51 PM
 
Originally posted by urrl78:
Reguarding that Verizon Wireless PC5220 card that Transpriest uses; The Verizon salesman called his boss to verify it worked with Macs; his boss said it would not work. I purchased it even though it's system requirements excluded Macs. I did not use the included software CD; I just plugged in the card and hoped for the best. My 17" automatically recognized the card and making a switch from dial-up to the new wireless in System Preferences/Network was easy; there were no phone numbers or complicated procedures to do; in a flash I was (am) on the internet. AMAZING! Now I don't need even a mobile phone to get on the net; just the card. $80 per month and a $150 rebate for the $150 card. So far so good. Thanks Transpriest!

By the way, I live near to you; Hollywood, Florida

Pics on bottom of this web page:

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum34.html

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR!
Happy New Year to you too. The Same thing happened when I went to get mine. I had noticed the driver for it already in Mac OS X though. How's the service in Hollywood?
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2005, 10:24 PM
 
I generally get at least 3 bars, occasionally 4. How about you?

Also I want to thank you for bringing me into the knowledge of this card. It is so much fun. Are there any links you know of that I can get further educated on this EVDO technology and are there other methods like using a phone connected to the laptop for broadband? I wondered about this because I have a cell phone with Cingular and wondered if I could have this entire package in a cell phone instead of a card. If so then what models?

Incidently, I tried using the card with Virtual PC. It worked, but very slowly. I don't think I will try it again though, the Powerbook made an awfull buzzing sound when Windows rebooted on Virtual PC. I tried this because I heard the software included on the CD gave the card more speed.

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/mark.../10/21628.aspx

One more important question: is there a way to switch from Broadband to National access on a Mac? You can do it with the PC software.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Florida
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
 
Originally posted by urrl78:
I generally get at least 3 bars, occasionally 4. How about you?

Also I want to thank you for bringing me into the knowledge of this card. It is so much fun. Are there any links you know of that I can get further educated on this EVDO technology and are there other methods like using a phone connected to the laptop for broadband? I wondered about this because I have a cell phone with Cingular and wondered if I could have this entire package in a cell phone instead of a card. If so then what models?

Incidently, I tried using the card with Virtual PC. It worked, but very slowly. I don't think I will try it again though, the Powerbook made an awfull buzzing sound when Windows rebooted on Virtual PC. I tried this because I heard the software included on the CD gave the card more speed.

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/mark.../10/21628.aspx

One more important question: is there a way to switch from Broadband to National access on a Mac? You can do it with the PC software.
There's currently no service in South Florida for wireless broadband via cellular technology other than Verizon. No cell phones are currently available that can do it either. On engadget.com I noticed a PDA that works with verizon EVDO.. a hack maybe available to make it work with the powerbook. In the future UMTS technology from Cingular and TMobile will make broadband wireless work with mobile handsets and therefore with the powerbook... a little slower than EVDO though. I don't know of a way to manually switch to NationalAccess. In sunrise i get 4 bars from my house... I have to position the Powerbook diagonally to my windows. Just yesterday I was able to view a 450kbps steam without any buffering.. during hte stream i had bursts of 1100kbps.

Check your email... would love to communicate via iChat about this.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westside Island
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 4, 2005, 12:12 AM
 
Updated as of Jan '05


For a larger picture, click here.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 4, 2005, 02:39 PM
 
Originally posted by TailsToo:
Updated as of Jan '05


For a larger picture, click here.
TailsToo, where did you get the Incredibles wallpaper? My kids would love that on their machine.
One to soon switch from Windows,

Win2Mac
Jn. 6:53
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 4, 2005, 09:25 PM
 
Originally posted by Win2Mac:
TailsToo, where did you get the Incredibles wallpaper? My kids would love that on their machine.
I believe they are on the incredibles website.
|20" iMac G5 Intel iSight|12" Powerbook G4|30gig iPod R.I.P.|30gig iPod Photo|2 gig Nano|Media Reader|Nikon Coolpix 4300|
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 5, 2005, 04:56 PM
 
Here's Mine:

http://homepage.mac.com/jadejohnson/PhotoAlbum11.html

All setup with sharing a DSL connection through Airport Ex. base station.

I also have 2 iPods, a 10gb 3G, and a silver mini.

And of course, my T637 =)

Lattimer
"God bless America. Let's save some of it." --Edward Abbey
More
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2005, 12:59 AM
 
Originally posted by trancepriest:
There's currently no service in South Florida for wireless broadband via cellular technology other than Verizon. No cell phones are currently available that can do it either. On engadget.com I noticed a PDA that works with verizon EVDO.. a hack maybe available to make it work with the powerbook. In the future UMTS technology from Cingular and TMobile will make broadband wireless work with mobile handsets and therefore with the powerbook... a little slower than EVDO though. I don't know of a way to manually switch to NationalAccess. In sunrise i get 4 bars from my house... I have to position the Powerbook diagonally to my windows. Just yesterday I was able to view a 450kbps steam without any buffering.. during hte stream i had bursts of 1100kbps.

Check your email... would love to communicate via iChat about this.
welll stated. im using gprs via bluetooth on tmobile and its slow as molasses, but since i have the 12" i dont have a pcmcia port =( trancepriest hit me up on PM we can ichat on this well..
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2005, 08:35 AM
 
Originally posted by crazeazn:
welll stated. im using gprs via bluetooth on tmobile and its slow as molasses, but since i have the 12" i dont have a pcmcia port =( trancepriest hit me up on PM we can ichat on this well..
Verizon WILL be offering EVDO based handsets in the very near future. THe two that I suspect they will release initially are the LG VX8000 and the Samsung A890. If you use these in teathered mode with your 12" Powerbook you should be able to get the same benefit of the PC Card, but have the ability to use the device as a voice telephone to boot. :-)
- MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.3Ghz / 256SSD (Work laptop)
- iMac 3.2Ghz 1TB
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston/dfw
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2005, 10:09 PM
 
Originally posted by driven:
Verizon WILL be offering EVDO based handsets in the very near future. THe two that I suspect they will release initially are the LG VX8000 and the Samsung A890. If you use these in teathered mode with your 12" Powerbook you should be able to get the same benefit of the PC Card, but have the ability to use the device as a voice telephone to boot. :-)
id really not prefer to use cdma for voice lol. i just want the data services....
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2005, 06:33 PM
 
Here's my current setup... the black keyboard and Wacom tablet are for the Mac. The white keyboard and red mouse are for the PC that hardly ever gets used.

15" 1.5GHz PowerBook
Hitachi 17" LCD monitor (shared between the Mac and PC)
HP Deskjet 5850 printer
Canon Lide 30 scanner
MacAlly FW800 drive enclosure with 200Gig seagate barracuda hard drive
Nokia 3660 cellphone (love Salling Clicker on this)
... and last but not least is "Lester", the Les Paul Classic

     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 8, 2005, 05:07 PM
 
Tailstoo, I absolutely love your setup. I love the three docks sitting on that raised platform. good work.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Norther California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 9, 2005, 01:23 AM
 
I'm using a couple of Powerbook G4's. A 12" & 15" for my midi sequencing...

     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles of the East
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 9, 2005, 01:34 AM
 
Gotta love Ikea, went there the other day and picked up a new shelf for my desk. Hope you guys enjoi.







NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: College Station, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 9, 2005, 03:11 AM
 
Originally posted by netjammer:
I'm using a couple of Powerbook G4's. A 12" & 15" for my midi sequencing...

WOW! That looks like the setup of Moby or Michael Cretu or something!

Out of curiosity, why so many keyboards (unless you play like an organist using multiple manuals at the same time)?
Apple user since 1987
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Norther California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 9, 2005, 03:37 AM
 
Originally posted by STAT:
WOW! That looks like the setup of Moby or Michael Cretu or something!

Out of curiosity, why so many keyboards (unless you play like an organist using multiple manuals at the same time)?
Aye, and that's not even all of them Now days I only use the two boards under the mixer board. A Kork Triton Studio and the E-MU loaded with modules. With DP4 I end up using the Triton for the controller.

The Yamaha's on the left just sit. I thought it was cool to still have a fully functional DX-7 and TX816 rack (that's really old school!)

Cheers!
Netjammer-
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westside Island
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 9, 2005, 09:48 AM
 
Originally posted by Win2Mac:
TailsToo, where did you get the Incredibles wallpaper? My kids would love that on their machine.
I got it here
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2014 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2