Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Poll: How long are you willing to wait for the MBP Merom update?

View Poll Results: How long are you willing to wait for the MBP Merom update?
Poll Options:
Through September 11 votes (55.00%)
Through October 1 votes (5.00%)
Through November 0 votes (0%)
Through December 1 votes (5.00%)
However long it takes 7 votes (35.00%)
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
Poll: How long are you willing to wait for the MBP Merom update?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 12:03 PM

For those of you waiting on the Merom update before purchasing a MBP, how long are you willing to wait?

Aug 21, 2006, 12:37 PM

i will probably wait until its released since it inevitably will be. my current machine works enough that i am not screwed if it does not update soon. tho my guess is we will see meroms in the MBP's by the end of september.

Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2006, 01:03 PM

indefinitely

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2006, 01:04 PM

I said "through December" (for tax resons), but the more I think of it, I am more likely to wait longer if I made it to December. The Merom laptops are being announced by other companies, so the current chips are already obsolete. I think I'll wait as long as it takes.
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2006, 01:44 PM

I'm hoping ill have one by mid september, but basically i'll buy as soon as apple release a new model or bump the CPU speed.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2006, 02:52 PM

Just like the core duo and every other processor will be outdated so why not buy want you want now? i mean are you really going ot fill the 20" increase? what exactly do you guys though thats so extensive on power that you need the latest processor?
i woud really like to know-because my current system runs everything out there just fine
so i really dont see a merom update necessary like the whole internet is portraying it to be.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Javizun
Just like the core duo and every other processor will be outdated so why not buy want you want now? i mean are you really going ot fill the 20" increase? what exactly do you guys though thats so extensive on power that you need the latest processor?
Because the $2000 you spend today will buy you alot more in two weeks if you wait. We're at the cusp of a new chip so the real question is "what exactly do you need a computer for right now that you can't wait a few weeks to see what happens?"

Also, its not like the MB or MBP are perfect machines. These both are desperately in need of a revision to solve a few problems so if you're planning on using this for the next few years then why not get the best you can.

Forum Links
Forum Rules