Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My MacBook changed on Me (Again)

My MacBook changed on Me (Again)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2006, 04:18 PM

I doubt many of you remember this but I had a thread on here about a week ago about how my computer had a 1.83 processor in it after getting serviced (I should have a 2.0). Well I got it back from being serivced and it was working great. The day after getting it I decide to pop in a DVD to burn, well guess what.. MY SUPERDRIVE isn't connected!!! So the DVD was stuck in there. I took it into the Apple store and they had it overnight and they said they fixed it, but to be safe I turned it on to try to get it to work and it was still stuck in there. So they put me next in line at the Guinus bar and he tries somethings and can't get it to work. They're just going to give me a new one now since all these troubles I've had. It was a smart move by them because they were going to get an angry email from me about all the servicing I've had to do. So next week I'll get a new one.

Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2006, 04:13 AM

I'm sure they get angry e-mails by the bus load. That's horrible though, that they would swap a 1.83 with a 2.0, and then tell you they fixed your superdrive when clearly they didn't. Talk about poor workmanship!
 Certified AppleCare Technician

Forum Links
Forum Rules