Any thoughts on what to do with this one?
Have a Powerbook G4 (Aluminium 1.33ghz/512Mb RAM) and when it boots, the screen gets to the grey pre-icon stage, but no further. It makes the startup chime and that's it. This is what I've done so far to no avail:
- Replaced the RAM (with different working RAM)
- Reset PRAM, Power Manager & open firmware NVRAM + reset all
- Pulled the HDD out, reformatted, clean OS, put back in
- Won't seem to boot off a CD (with c held down)
- Will boot in Target disk mode
- External monitor attached also shows grey
- Begged and pleaded
Thoughts on possible next steps, or guesses as to my problem?