Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > i've been a plonker, spilled water in my mac book!

i've been a plonker, spilled water in my mac book!
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2007, 01:06 PM

When editing in rather a hurry i managed to knock a glass of orange squash in my mac book, basically all of it went into the heat outlet under the screen, it almsot immediately shut down. i turned it upside down as quckly as i could and most of the irritatatingly sugary liquid flowed out, i took the Hard Disk and RAM out and left the laptop by a radiator for about 3 days. Earlier i tried to turn on and it worked...technically. The white light at the front illuminates, the screen flashes white and goes dead again but there is no Power on Self Test or beep and the disc drive does not make any noise; but so far as i can tell all the vital stuf like the HDD and processors are working. Besides the obvious, anyone know what's wrong???...or is the Logic board shot?

rolys91  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2007, 09:21 PM

thanks for the links, the one with the coffee seems to fit my issues quite well, i'll give it a go and see what happens. Happy New Year by the way!.

Forum Links
Forum Rules